How to choose a password?
Everywhere on the Web, or creating a secure data account… we need passwords to privatize our information and databases.
Practices to avoid
- Put a password that is short and simple: less than 8 characters, we are in danger because many software can guess your password in less than 10 minutes.
- You should not use only one type of characters either: this narrows down the list of possibilities for your password.
Example: use only numbers: 1234 is widely used around the world. Or his date of birth, the first name of the children …
- Choose a password based on easy personal information that others know too, such as our address …
- The use of character series on the keyboard: AZERTY, 1234567890- =
- Use one and only one password everywhere because If someone finds your password, they can have access to all of your information.
- The password must be complicated
- You must use characters of different kinds, even numbers, capital letters and special characters, With a combination like: @, #, &…
- They must be changed periodically
- You must use different passwords for each application and each Internet access.